Yoon Kane is the founder and director of Mindful Psychotherapy Services and CEO of everbliss. She received her undergraduate degree from North Carolina State University and her masters’ degree in social work from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Advanced Standing Program. She received and completed a two year post-graduate fellowship at Yale University specializing in clinical work with children and adolescents at the Yale Child Study Center. At that time, she was also a research fellow for Yale Bush Center for child development research and social policy.
Yoon has extensive training and experience in treating depression, anxiety, and trauma. In addition to her private practice, she has testified as a trauma expert on behalf victims of child sexual abuse in federal and state court, presents at national conferences, conducts training workshops and therapy groups for professionals in clinical practice. She is also a founder and director of a private, group psychotherapy practice and CEO of everbliss, an e-therapy platform that allows clients to talk to a mental health counselor in a HIPAA secure call or video. In her free time, she is an avid runner, road biker and loves to write and paint.
Yoon’s philosophy is centered on a belief that nurturing relationships can provide the foundation for individuals to make positive changes in their lives. She provides personal and group counseling to patients who are making healthy lifestyle changes. Cognitive behavioral, Psychodynamic, supportive, and educational interventions are provided to patients to ensure safe and effective growth and healing.
TRAINING & AFFILIATION
- Training completed for Level 1 EMDR treatment
- Training completed for DBT Skills treatment
- Certified Internal Family Systems Therapist
- Associate Clinical Member of EGPS
- Associate Clinical Member of AGPA
- Certified Group Psychotherapist
- “Thinking about our work: The False Self” : Group Journal Vol. 38, No. 3 (Fall 2014)
- “A Conversation about Women, Sex and Power”: Group circle, Fall 2016
- “How to Mindfully Fire Toxic Friends & Loved Ones: A Shrink’s Guide to Setting Boundaries”: PsychCentral, January 9, 2017
PRESENTATIONS & WORKSHOPS:
- Presented “Healthcare and Technology” at the 20th annual Wall Street Economic Summit with leaders in healthcare and policy. February 2017, Manhattan, NY
- Presented Women, Sex and Power training workshop at the 2016 and 2017 American group Psychotherapy Association in Manhattan, NY and 2016 COGPS annual conference in Denver, CO
- Presented “Embracing Resistance” at AGPA San Francisco conference 2015: Workshop for resolving treatment resistance in group psychotherapy
- Panel presentation on “Current Trends in the Application of Modern Analytic Group Theory: Working with the Unconscious” at the American Group Psychotherapy Association Annual Conference 2014
- Presented as an expert on a psycho-educational video “Treatment of Bipolar Disorder” for Everyday Health.
- Presented at The American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama Annual Conference 2012 workshop “The Use of Self Leadership in Group Psychotherapy”
- Presented at EGPS ( Eastern Group Psychotherapy Association) conference 2010 & 2011: “What about me: The Struggle for Air-Time in Beginning Groups” and “Breaking Some Rules: Resistance and Play in Beginning Groups”
- Presented at Alliance Medical Group: “Binge eating disorder: Clinical assessment, intervention and treatment”
- Jewish family services: Provided In-Service Training on “Clinical Assessment and Treatment of Children with Problem Sexual Behaviors”
- Waterbury Conference for Juveniles with problem sexual behaviors: Presentation on: Trauma Informed Approach for Treatment of Problem Sexual Behaviors.
- CATSO training conference: Presentation on “Ethical and Clinical Issues Related to Treatment of Children and Adolescents with Problem Sexual Behaviors”
- Horace Mann School: workshops and groups on “Developing Emotional and Social Intelligence” to middle and upper school students.